|Profile EPS Insulation and Siding Backer
Proﬁle siding backer is engineered to meet the needs of every residing project as well as every budget. Its compressive and ﬂexural strength provide a stable backing to the new siding, creating a more solid feel.
Proﬁle siding backer is environmentally friendly and fully recyclable. This product is constructed from inert organic materials and contains no CFC’s, HCFS’s, or formaldehyde.
- Custom manufactured to match the proﬁle of all major siding conﬁgurations
- Eliminates air inﬁltration
- Increases R-Value (3.85/in at 75º F)
- Corner posts and starter strips available
- Allows walls to breathe preventing mildew and rot
- Environmentally friendly
- Gives siding a solid feel
- Makes siding less susceptible to impact damage (Example: photo at right shows damage to siding without Proﬁle Siding Backer)
- Eliminates “ﬁsh mouthing”
- Eliminates “wavy walls”
- Density: Nominal 1.0 pound per cubic foot (test method ASTM C-303)
- Water Permeability: 5.0 perm/inch maximum, (test method ASTM E-96) not a vapor barrier
- Water Absorption: Less than 4% by volume (test method ASTM C-272)
- Flammability: Manufactured from modiﬁed Expandable Polystyrene which is treated with a ﬁre retardant additive. This product is combustible and should not be exposed to ﬂame or other ignition sources. This product should be installed in accordance with applicable building codes.